New Year with Seesaw Challenges

FOCUS - My word for 2019.




I'm going to use this word a bit differently than last year. I tend to want to improve on EVERYTHING right away which doesn't work because I often lose focus. I spent some time over the last couple of days reflecting on what I need to focus on and settled on three areas:

1. Health
2. How I use my time
3. Things I'm passionate about

Each month I will pick ONE thing to focus on in those areas. Here's my January focus:
1. Work out 2x a week (gotta ease this body into it)
2. Evening meal prep (my husband is back to work after being home for a few months so we need to get back into some sort of rhythm in regards to lunches and dinners)
3. Create 4 new TPT products

Reflecting and looking ahead are things that most teachers do naturally. Our students - not so much. If you are anything like me you might be scrambling for a goal setting/New Year's activity to do with your class now that Winter Break is almost over. Last year, I used Soaring Sandy's New Year Challenges for Seesaw
 Seesaw New Year Challenges

The challenges helped my students to reflect on the past year, think about this new year, and explore some New Year traditions around the world. The product includes 7 challenges that allow you to just print and go. If you don't use Seesaw in your classroom it would be super easy to adapt for Google Classroom or to just print off and share the links with your students. 

Here are some examples from my students:







Happy New Year and here's to a week with refreshed and focused students!


from-math-to-music



Comments

Popular Posts