February #teacherfaves

Trust me when I say that I will be happy to see the end of February. If you've been following along on my instagram stories you will know that I'm on maternity leave and that my oldest daughter is now in Junior Kindergarten. We live right down the street from her school and I feel ridiculous if I have to drive her. However, this Ontario winter weather has been bananas! It's been super snowy, icy, and windy and we just can't handle it right now. To stay positive I'm going to share my #teacherfaves from Instagram for February. Make sure to check these teachers out!

MUSIC

Courtney Miller from missmillers_musicroom has a neat Ikea hack for storing ukuleles. Using those famous Ikea magazine holders she numbers each one and stores the ukuleles upright. In my previous school I had a library cart to hold the ukes and it was usually a disaster if I wasn't super vigilant when students were putting their instruments back. You'd definitely need a long table or counter to hold a class set but I thought this was genius!


ukulele-storage


MATH
Check out how Renee from the_teacher_bag uses paint sticks to help reinforce place value with her students. Adding velcro strips and laminating/cutting out some cards (you can get a math sticks bundle from her store) is all you need to do for this fun game. Her set focuses on tens so I would need to adapt it for my sixes. 


place-value-games-printable

MORE
Grab these free speech bubble quotes from Jen Jones' store. I mean, how cute are they? Just type #helloquotebubbles in the search box. Definitely follow her on instagram. She's all about choice and reading for the love of it. 



Enjoy!









from-math-to-music

Comments

Popular Posts