March #teacherfaves

Apparently it is April! It's actually snowing where I live right now but I'm ignoring it. I believe it is Spring so it will be Spring. Winter with three children was not my favourite and I'm loving the fact that my girls are willingly going to play outside and I don't even care if they don't wear a coat. Except for today. Today they are fully suited up for the fake winter weather. With Spring comes the reality that I will be going to back to work sooner than later and I'm anxiously awaiting to see what grade I will be going back to. I know for sure that I will be teaching 7/8 Band but I'm not sure what my homeroom class will be. What I do know is that as soon as I find out I will be saving ideas off of instagram left, right, and centre. 


teacher-instagram




Once a month I like to reflect on my instagram scrolling and share with you my #teacherfaves for the past month - my favourite music, math and more posts! If you aren't already, I'd love for you to follow me @frommathtomusic.


MUSIC - SONG MAKER COMPOSITIONS

teacher-instagram


I want to incorporate more technology into my beginning band classes next year. I'm thinking about doing digital practice records because half the kids lose them anyway! Bryson from @thatmusicteacher has really embraced using the app Song Maker from Chrome Music lab to use technology to inspire boomwhacker compositions


MATH - PIXEL ART CHALLENGE

teacher-instagram


I loved this pixel art challenge idea from @schooltechie. It is a great idea for combining design technology, calculating area and crafts. She had the students use google sheets and create an 8x8 design of their choice. The students then calculated the area and figured out how many of each colour of beads they would need. Once their designs were approved they could actually create their design using the perler beads. So crafty and educational!

MORE - UMBRELLA ART

teacher-instagram


So I probably won't be teaching a primary grade but I cannot resist this adorable umbrella art from @teachingwithmissle. She took photos of each of her students holding an umbrella. The students cut them out and glued them on a piece of paper after they had used some liquid ink and let it drip down the page. I could do this for upper elementary, right?

If you are looking for more inspiration click on the links to follow these super creative teachers. Meanwhile, I will be thinking about boomwhackers, perler beads and umbrella art while I ignore this inappropriate snow.











from-math-to-music

Comments

Popular Posts