Labeling Recorders

I am getting pretty excited about starting recorders with my 5s and 6s. I have been hyping it up and I think they are getting pretty excited, too! Although, I did have to say "Do not ask me when the recorders will arrive," because that question was driving me nuts. 
Yamaha Baroque Student Recorder Package 1
(Image from Music Play)

I ordered my recorders from Music Play since they have a great $10 package that includes a book, recorder and CD. I was very impressed with the service there as I ordered over 70 recorders and books and they arrived at my school within a week. 

Once the 70 recorders arrived my biggest task was to figure out how to label them to avoid any mix ups. Last year, I put circle stickers with the students' initials on them but that didn't work well. The stickers fell off and the initials smudged right off. That was annoying.

So, this time I decided to try using this gold Sharpie marker that I had in my desk drawer. I had previously ordered it from the Board to re-label instrument cases and decided on a whim to try it on the recorders and just put their initials on the back. 


And lo and behold, it actually worked! I let it dry for a few minutes before I touched the initials and there was no smudging. Sweet! I also wrote the students' full names on the top of the recorder case. We will see if the marker can withstand the test of time and children's fingers but I am optimistic!







from-math-to-music

Comments

Popular Posts