Video of the Week #1

After seeing a lot of interesting music videos being pinned on Pinterest, I decided that this year I would institute a music-related "Video of the Week" (V.O.W).  Warning: These videos will be solely for enjoyment and appreciation. They will not explicitly meet any curriculum expectations. 

So, each week I will share a V.O.W. in hopes that it will inspire my students and help them to see that music is everywhere and that music is, of course, totally awesome!

V.O.W #1 - Beatboxing Flute - "Peter and the Wolf"


(There is an advertisement at the beginning of this video. Before class I just let the ad play out and paused it at the beginning of the actual video). 

This week, the Grade 7s will be choosing instruments. I chose to start with this video on purpose. First of all, it features the flute (my original instrument). It stars a male on the flute, which I'm hoping will attract more boys to this instrument. And finally, this flutist is just impressive!

I have encouraged my students to share any cool music videos with me and if anyone else has video ideas, please let me know!

Comments

  1. I think you should inspire them by doing a live performance of yourself beatboxing while playing the flute! Even better would be to play the flute with your nose and sing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much I wish I could do that! I need to start practicing :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts